Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your dog and cat
The St. Patrick’s Day parade is a great day out for all the family, but it may not be a suitable environment for your pet. Learn more about how to keep your pet safe during the celebration.
We here at Agria Petinsure Ireland are as excited as you are for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day celebration and hope that you, your family, and fur babies enjoy it to the fullest.
While you are making plans for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, please bear in mind the following in relation to your pet.
The St. Patrick’s Day parade is a great day out for all the family, but it may not be a suitable environment for your pet. While many dogs really enjoy the occasion, the loud noise and huge crowds of people may be very stressful for some pooches.
Keep the snacks away
We all love treating ourselves and our families on St. Patrick’s Day with sweets and chocolates. Sweets, chocolates, nuts, and grapes can be toxic for your dog. Avoid these and celebrate with your pet with their everyday treats. You should also avoid giving food that is unusual to your pet as it may cause a digestive upset.
The shamrock plant that we use to decorate our clothes and homes on St. Patrick’s Day is also toxic if ingested by your dog or cat. It is best to avoid keeping this plant in your home if you have a curious pet.
Reach out to your vet immediately if you suspect your pet has ingested alcohol, any part of the shamrock plant, chocolates or anything that is not fit for consumption for your pet.