At Agria, we do pet insurance differently.
Agria Petinsure is is a subsidiary of Försäkringsaktiebolaget Agria (publ) (Agria), a Swedish insurance company. Agria’s management team is on the lookout for a Compliance Manager to join its growing operation. As part of the Agria team and working closely with its European Compliance function operating out of Sweden you will champion the efficient and effective operation along with the management team, of the Ireland compliance function and ensure compliance is embedded in Agria’s culture.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Assisting with the continuous implementation of sufficient policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements including, but not limited, to IDD & GDPR
- Assisting with the continuous implementation of key compliance policies, procedures and systems
- Identifying and sharing with the management team, key regulatory risks
- Monitoring legislative, regulatory and industry updates and developments and assessing the need for changes to policies, procedures and systems for the business
- Continually considering and, when appropriate and/or required, updating all systems, processes and procedures
- Assessing, with the management team, and implementing remedial action on potential compliance and risk control issues
- Overseeing statutory record-keeping requirements
- Reviewing and providing compliance sign-off on insurance-related material
- Reviewing the compliance management infrastructure and conducting trend analysis based on data collected for complaints, disputes, claims and breaches
- Engaging with the management team, business managers and operational staff to promote and embed the compliance culture
- Managing and notifying all errors and omissions claims for insurance purposes
- Assisting the management team with the appropriate monitoring and supervision of partners and service providers
- Ensuring processes and procedures are appropriate for the maintenance and management of customers’ privacy
- Monitoring appropriate anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legislation and regulations and ensuring compliance with such applicable legislation and regulations
- Working closely with the European Compliance function based in Agria’s head office in Sweden
Here’s a checklist to help determine if the role is right for you
- Have circa five years’ relevant experience in the insurance industry
- Have a strong knowledge of the Irish insurance regulatory environment and relevant legislation, regulations, codes and guidance
- Have the appropriate level of qualification to work in the compliance sphere
- Love Results – work effectively to achieve goals, targets, and results, set challenging goals for yourself, prioritise tasks, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Have exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed
- Can work in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple priorities
- Have strong communication skills
- Long-term career within a large and growing business group
- Pension and health insurance
- 21 paid days’ annual leave a year
- Full onsite training and development plan
- Compliance Institute membership and exams sponsorship
About Agria Petinsure
Agria Petinsure are specialists in pet insurance whose parent company Agria Djurförsäkring is based in Sweden. One of Europe’s biggest insurance companies, Agria has been insuring Animals in Sweden for over 132 years and has, since 2005, extended the Agria concept to the UK, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, and, more recently, Ireland through the acquisition of Capstone Financial Services. Agria has a turnover of €520 million and more than 450 employees with an additional 300 insurance advisors. Agria’s mission is to deliver ‘the best of care for pets and peace of mind for their owners’. Our values of engagement, trust, professionalism, and openness are essential cornerstones that serve the company’s development. Agria prides itself on its purpose, with a significant focus on the health and well-being of its staff and on creating an excellent work-life balance.
If this sounds like your dream job, get in touch, and tell us why you want to be a part of our team.