In this role you will own the claims process from registration to final decision; providing first class customer service to our customers and stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Providing a high standard of customer service for our Customers and Veterinary Partners throughout the claims process.
- Responsibility for reviewing and processing Pet Insurance Claims from both Policy Holders and Veterinary Practices.
- Ownership of claims. As a claims handler you will be responsible for your claims from their registration to final decision.
- Engagement and building a strong rapport with other team members and direct manager.
- Communicating with Customers and Veterinary Partners through phone and email.
- Being an advocate for process improvements and sharing best practice techniques with fellow teammates
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 1+ years’ experience working in a claims handling role where you were responsible for handling and making decisions on claims.
- Process driven and focused
- Detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work in accordance with best practice and processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Respect for business and customer confidentiality
- Organised and methodical
- Strong customer service ethic and focus
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Minimum of APA qualified
- Ability to develop knowledge of the Consumer Protection Code (CPC)
- Having pets yourself is an advantage. You must love animals!
- 100% Remote role
- Long-term career within a large and growing business group
- Pension and health insurance
- 21 paid days’ vacation a year
- Full training and development plan
- Insurance Institute membership and exams sponsorship
About Us Agria Pet Insurance
Agria Pet Insurance are specialists in pet insurance whose parent company Agria Djurfosakring is based in Sweden. One of Europe’s biggest insurance companies, Agria has insured pets in Sweden for over 132 years and has, since 2005, exported the Agria concept to the UK, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, and, more recently, Ireland through the acquisition of Capstone Financial Services. Agria has a turnover of €520 million and more than 450 employees with an additional 300 insurance advisors. Agria’s mission is to deliver ‘the best of care for pets and peace of mind for their owners’. Our values of engagement, trust, professionalism, and openness are essential cornerstones that serve the company’s development. Agria prides itself on its purpose, with a significant focus on the health and well-being of its staff and on creating an excellent work-life balance.
Does this sound intresting? Then we want to know more about you! Send your application and CV today. We are working continuously with this recruitment and may fill the position before the application deadline.